What do we know about light pollution?
Jaelyn, "In big cities where there is lots of light, it can become impossible to see the stars."
Julia, "If you live around a big city, you can see the lights from miles away."
Ethan, "It fills the sky with glare."
Wade, "It is using a lot of energy that probably isnt needed."
After View One
Jordan, "The picture of the birds that have died from colliding with buildings makes me feel like light pollution is bad."
Blake, "Even without the lights, birds still crash into my house. The information is false in a way, they leave a big part of the picture out."
Jaelyn, "I agree with Blake. One time in the summer, a bird just hit our window and the blinds were down. Maybe the birds just have died from other causes too."
Julia, "I agree with Jaelyn because birds sometimes run into the windows. It can definitely happen from light or not. Birds carry many diseases so they may have died from that."
Final Thoughts
On the last slide, they showed resources from government agencies. This makes me think that the message is coming from powerful people- Jordan
Even though in this article, they missed a lot of facts to present one side, I do think that light pollution is bad and that we can fix it if we all try. - Julia
Wade- I think this essay had lots of author bias because the author only stated a couple of positive points about light, and they stated many negative points about how it effects the environment.
Jaelyn- Maybe in the bigger cities, they need to keep the lights on so that you can see for safety.
Blake- I think this article is poorly written because it leaves out too many important facts. It tries to make you feel bad about something that we cannot control. There was too much author bias.
No comments:
Post a Comment